Our Commitment to Privacy
We at Naturalizer and Caleres, Inc. of Canada Ltd. (“Caleres, Inc.”) respect your concerns about privacy and value the trust you have placed in us.
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for Naturalizer retail stores and www.Naturalizer.ca. It applies to all personally identifiable information about you collected, used or disclosed by Naturalizer. We also may collect aggregate information about you which does not identify you and which is not therefore personal information.
Because we want to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, this privacy statement will notify you of:
- How and what personally identifiable information is collected from you
- The organization collecting the information
- How the information is used
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of your information
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
Caleres, Inc. of Canada Ltd.
Naturalizer E-Commerce Sales
1857 Rogers Road
Perth, Ontario K7H 1P7
Information Collection, Use and Disclosure:
Naturalizer and Caleres, Inc. is responsible for the personally identifiable information collected on this site or through our Naturalizer retail stores. We will not use this information or share it with others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
We collect and use information about you at several different points in our retail stores and on the Naturalizer website to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. We also collect information to improve the shopping experience of our consumers. Here are the ways we obtain information about you, the types of information we obtain, and how we use it and may disclose it to others.
Naturalizer Preferred Customer Eclub:
In order to become a Naturalizer Preferred Customer eclub member, you must first complete the registration form online or register in our stores. During registration you are required to give personal contact information (such as name, address and/or e-mail address). This information is used to reward loyal customers for their business. By becoming a Preferred Customer eclub member, you are able to take advantage of special offers and we send Preferred Customer eclub members who provide their e-mail address with e-mails about new promotions, fashion trends, etc. It is also more convenient for a Preferred Customer eclub member to make purchases online.
Established Preferred Customer eclub members will occasionally receive information on products, services, and special promotions. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see our choice and opt-out section below.
If you wish to receive our catalogue, we ask for contact information such as name, mailing address, telephone number and email address.
When you order or purchase one of our products, you may be required to give us contact and payment information (such as credit card information) so we may process your order and for customer service purposes. When you pay using a credit card, we use your credit card information only to fulfill your order and for related internal purposes.
Surveys and Contests:
From time to time, we seek information from our customers via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and therefore, you have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as postal code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify contest winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our website or your shopping experience.
Site and Service Updates:
We also send our customers website and service announcement updates. We may communicate with you to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to your account via email or phone: 1-800-727-3036.
Choice and Opt-out:
If you have elected to share your information for the purposes of receiving promotional materials and other information from us and later decide you no longer wish to receive this information, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by telephone at: 1-800-727-3036, by visiting our Naturalizer Preferred Customer eclub Account information page, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all our emails to you, or by sending us an email.
Reviewing and Updating Personal Information:
You may review, update or correct your personal information at the Preferred Customer eclub Account information page, by emailing us or by sending a request to:
Caleres, Inc. of Canada Ltd.
Naturalizer E-Commerce Sales
1857 Rogers Road
Perth, Ontario K7H 1P7
Do Not Track Policy:
Some web browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers, so this site is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Notification of Changes:
This site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this site.
Security:We employ physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to protect our users’ personal information from unauthorized use, access, disclosure or alteration. Please be aware that, despite these efforts, no security
If you have any questions about the security of our website, you can send an email.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the hard drive of your computer, containing information about you. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. Once you close your browser, the cookie simply terminates. For instance, by accepting a cookie from our site, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If you reject the cookie, you may still use our site. However, certain site features (express, checkout, personal shopper) will not function correctly without cookies enabled. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our customers to enhance the experience on our site.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Sharing of Your Information:
We may disclose your personally identifiable information to third party service providers whom we occasionally hire to provide services on our behalf, including support services, website services, delivering our promotional materials, answering customer questions about our services. Caleres, Inc. will only provide those third party service providers with the personally identifiable information they need to deliver the services to us and/or on our behalf. We use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
We may partner with other parties from time to time to provide specific services. The personally identifiable information you have provided us and information about your order may be shared our marketing partners or other carefully screened companies. This information may be combined with other personally identifiable information (such as demographic information and past purchase information) available from our records and other sources. This information will be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient. We may disclose your personally identifiable information if required or permitted to do so by law.
We may disclose your personally identifiable information if needed to act in urgent circumstances to protect the safety or security of the public, users of our products and/or the website and others.
Personal information collected in accordance with this policy is transferred to, and stored and processed by, Naturalizer’s U.S. affiliate. As a result, your personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States and may be accessible to U.S. law enforcement and national security authorities in certain circumstances.
We recognize the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Our website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not target our services or this site to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
California Consumer Rights
Shine the Light Inquiry. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. If you would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us as described in the “Contact Information” section below and indicate that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
Online Erasure Request. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of this site, you may request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please submit a written request to us as described in the “Contact Information” section below and indicate that you are a California resident making a “California Online Erasure” request. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete removal of the content or information you have posted, and there may be circumstance in which the law does not require or permit removal.
California Consumer Privacy Act. If you are a resident of California, you have specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The right to know (individually) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Your California Rights
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the last item you purchased from us, or the date of your last purchase from us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity.
Right to Opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information. We do not sell your personal information in the conventional sense (i.e., for money). Like many companies, however, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you as well as other services and may transfer personal information to business partners for their use. Making personal information (such as online identifiers or browsing activity) available to these companies may be considered a “sale” under the CCPA. You can request to opt-out of such “sale” of your Personal Information here:
Right to Delete your Personal Information. You can request to delete your Personal Information here:
DELETE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
Calling us at 888-294-1648 and indicating you have a CCPA Deletion request
- Rights to Information and Access. To request to exercise your rights, submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
Emailing us at email@example.com
Calling us at 888-294-1648 and indicating you have a CCPA Information or Access request
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Right
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling us at 1-888-294-1648 and indicating you have a CCPA request.
If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual you must attach a copy of the following information to the request:
1. A completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you have authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf.
2. If you are a business, proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
If we do not receive both pieces of information, the request will be denied.
For purposes of exercising your rights above, please note the following:
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; payment information; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other similar electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information, inferences drawn from other personal information.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other similar electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information, inferences drawn from other personal information.
- We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties: our affiliates; service providers; third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Last Revised: January 3, 2023
Effective: June 17, 2021